Sunday, March 6, 2011

All hail the Rice Paper Queen

It's official - I'm obsessed. Thoughts of food haunt my every waking moment and my knees go weak at the discovery of new venues/recipes to delight my taste buds. It's becoming something of a worry that I can eat my beautiful boyfriend under the table. Aren't man stomachs supposed to be bigger? Not according to the food baby that I seem to be nursing in my belly on most days.

My most recent culinary expedition involved checking out Melbourne's newly opened Miss Chu. Up until recently, Miss Chu's Vietnamese hawker-style delights were exclusive to NSW, so you can imagine my delight upon discovering 'the Rice Paper Queen' had parked her infamous powder blue electric delivery bikes at 297 Exhibition Street.


Our experience was rowdy, fast and fun, with a yum cha style ordering system (you tick the boxes on the menu next to the dishes you want). Our picks on the night were ALL amazing, and consisted of: tuna sashimi rice paper rolls, duck and banana leaf rice paper rolls, steamed BBQ pork buns, the cutest little traditional duck pancakes, pork dumplings, scallop and prawn dumplings, hawker-style pork spring rolls, wagyu beef vermicelli salad. 


The result? A very satisfied Vietnamese food baby. Check out the menu here and be prepared to drool.

No comments:

Post a Comment